YOU ARE HERE : Home / Twin Lakes / Retirement Community Checklist
Retirement Community Checklist
- Are you in a convenient location near family, friends, churches, stores and hospitals?
- Does the community offer accommodations that are attractive to you?
- Do you have 24-hour health care available as long as it is needed?
- Do your fees increase, as you need more care?
- Do you have an emergency call system in your residence?
- Is building maintenance, lawn care and home repairs included in your fee?
- Is housekeeping included in your fee?
- Do you have easily accessible laundry facilities?
- Is linen service included in the fees?
- Do you have access to an exercise area and indoor pool at no additional charge?
- Does the community provide 24-hour security?
- Are all utilities (electricity, water, telephone, television, heating and air conditioning) included in your monthly fee?
- Are they accredited by the Continuing Care Accreditation Commission?
- Does the community offer assisted living and skilled nursing care?
- Do they offer a separate special care residence for those with memory impairments?
- How long have they been in business?
- Is it a financially secure sponsor?